Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 4, 2016 -- Boom Boom Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July!!!  It's a great time to be alive in Upstate.  I have enjoyed hearing the fireworks every night. Since we have been around a holiday this week, the people have been in a better mood. Elder Burton and I have been talking to a lot of the people on the streets. We have been passing out cards about the Hill Cumorah Pageant that is coming up. I am grateful that we are close enough to Palmyra so we can use our pass along cards.

Berla and Steve have been super kind to Elder Burton and I this week.  One night they had us over for some Alaskan King Crab that we helped prepare. Let me just say it was super yummy in my tummy.  We had a good time cracking the crab legs and the slippery crab claw only shot out of my hand once when I was trying to crack it.  They always make sure we missionary are well taken care of.

Elder Burton and I had the most amazing lesson with Wayne this past week. In the lesson the conversation turned to Christ's atonement and what he willingly went through so all of us could return to our Father in Heaven.  As Elder Burton and I told the story of the Atonement, the Spirit filled the room. I am so grateful that we have a Savior who loved us enough to take on the unfathomable task of the Atonement. Willingly he suffered for our sins in the Garden, took on death in His crucifixion, and finally broke the bonds of death by His resurrection. The Atonement is the center of the gospel.  It makes everything possible.

The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile
 
Elder Burton

Crab Legs with Steve
 

No comments:

Post a Comment