Monday, June 20, 2016

June 6, 2016 -- Weddings and More Weddings

Spring is such a beautiful time of year in New York. I can't tell you how many amazing sunsets I have seen in the past week... well maybe I can.... it was 7. This week has yet again been packed full of so many different things.
 
There was another wedding for someone in the ward this past week. They had it at Verona beach. Elder Smith and I were able to kick it a bit with Brother Turbee and the Branch peeps. We all had a good time at the wedding. I promise that Elder Smith and I are drinking lemonade in the one picture I've attached.... it's definitely not anything else.... The view of the beach was great and it was a good chance to talk to some people about our Church since the majority of the people that were there weren't members.
 
Wayne continues to amaze me. He is truly on of the elect. He's a person that the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel. He has never missed a commitment that we have given him. He has read up to 1 Nephi 10 since last week and continues to read and ask great questions about what he is reading. He is a very kind man and is truly searching for truth. It's so exciting to see his faith and relationship with God grow little by little as he meets with this missionaries and reads the Book of Mormon.
 
President and Sister Rogers made a visit to the Oneida Branch this week with some of their family that is in town. Their small grandchildren sang a song in Sacrament Meeting and it was wonderful.

This will be Elder Smith and my last week together. He will be going home at the end of the transfer with all the departing missionaries. I am so grateful for the time I have been able to spend with him in the mission. He has become an even better friend of mine in the past transfer. Through thick and thin, we have been by each other's side. I'm going to miss you man. Since all the departing missionaries go to the temple two days before the transfer, I will have a temporary companion for those couple of days. It's going to be Elder Wright. He is the shortest Elder in the mission so I will be sure to send a pic of us next Monday.

The sky is blue the Church is true and life is good.

Elder Carlile
 
 
Verona Beach
 
Drinking Lemonade With Brother Turbee

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment