Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10, 2017 -- Taking The "Yolk" Upon Yourself

This week I really had to take the yoke upon myself....... well more like slam the yolk on my companion's head...... literally. The primary had Elder Shore and I come to their singing time to play Egg Roulette. The primary kids would sing a song and, if they sang loud enough, Elder Shore and I would pick an egg from the egg basket and SLAM it on each others head. There was a fifty fifty chance that it was either a hard boiled egg or a raw egg. I definitely can say I never thought I would be doing this as a missionary but we did it anyway. It was so much fun! By the end of it all, we both had egg all over our hair and running down our faces. The primary kids loved it though! Elder Shore got the worst end of the deal. Out of the eight eggs I smashed on his head, six of them where raw. I only got four raw ones out of the eight...... Lucky me. It was the most entertaining primary meeting I've ever been to in my life!!

So this past week was transfers. Let me tell you it has been a crazy past five days. Elder Turner went to Utica to be the Assistant to the President and Elder Shore came here to join Elder Vorkink and me in a trio. As it turns out, another missionary went home from the mission so they sent his companion to come be with Elder Vorkink.  So we were only in a trio for a day and a half. We definitely made the most of it though! Missionary work with three people is a blast!! Tracting, teaching, talking to peeps on the street, you name it it was fun. We even went to Sonic twice in one day. One trip for happy hour and another trip for their half-price shakes on our way in for the night. Elder Vorkink got his new companion, Elder Gubler, at MLC in Utica on Friday and now both areas in Liverpool are back to normal.

My new companion, Elder Shore, it a great guy. He is from Pocatello Idaho, where they announced the new temple, and has been out for 21 months. He is a very kind person and I can't wait to serve this whole transfer with him.

Yvonne got confirmed this past Sunday. Cathlyne was very sick so she will be confirmed next Sunday. Yvonne asked if I would confirm her and I gladly accepted. After she got confirmed, the Spirit hit her like a train. We were sitting in the chapel and she leaned over to me and said, "I feel like I'm on a cloud and all my pain is gone." She had been in a ton of pain for the past three days with her liver challenges. Ah, it was such a great day. She later bore a super powerful testimony about gospel principles and about her whole experience joining this Church. It was perfect because our investigator Dawn was there at church for the first time and saw and heard the whole thing. The theme of church seemed to be on receiving a witness from the Holy Ghost.  It was perfect for her since that is right where she is at, trying to receive her own answer about if this Church is the true church. There were just so many blessings yesterday at church and, on top of it all, the weather was super warm and nice.

The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good. Have a great week everyone!!
 
Elder Carlile
 
Our Trio

Sonic Run

Second Sonic Run
 

No comments:

Post a Comment