Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 17, 2017 -- "Sweet" Is the Word of the Week

If I could use one word to describe this past week it would be sweet!! I choose sweet because of all the candy (of course), the missionary work, and a humongous rich chocolate cake that made me never want to eat cake again!!

I'll start with the cake. The scouts held a spaghetti fund raiser dinner at the Liverpool chapel and the missionaries were invited to it, so we went. During the dinner they did a cake auction. A very generous member there came up to us and said he wanted to get us a cake.  Being normal missionaries, naturally we said yes. So he got us a humongous rich chocolate cake that was drowned in caramel and surrounded with Twix and Snicker bars on the outside. We ate it the next morning and couldn't even get through one piece! I'm telling you this cake was thick and rich. It tasted amazing but, man, I don't think I'm going need to eat chocolate cake for a LONG time. I really love the members in this ward!!

Other exiting news for this week is Cathleen got confirmed a member yesterday!! Yvonne, her mom, was confirmed last week and now they're both loving the companionship of the Holy Ghost! We went over there yesterday to help Yvonne and Cathleen hide some Easter eggs for little Munch, Cathlyne's 1 1/2 year old. We had lots of fun with that and then watched "The Testaments" to top off the Easter celebration! They really enjoyed the movie. When we were heading out, we talked with Yvonne and she said that Cathleen was happier that day then Yvonne had ever seen her. This gospel really brings a lasting happiness that no other thing in this world can bring. I am so grateful that I have been able to be a part of their conversion process.
 
The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile
 
Easter 2017
 

No comments:

Post a Comment