Friday, January 1, 2016

December 14, 2015 -- Ward Christmas Party and No Bikes

I just want to say all went well with the emergency transfer and I love my new companion, Elder Ayre. I'm not kidding when I say he is probably the most experienced missionary in the mission. I am so glad that everything went well with your surgery Mom. Honestly I was so anxious to hear about how it went and when President Rogers called with the good news I knew my prayers were answered. I was in a slump for the past two weeks and I lost some of my drive.  But with my new area, new companion, and the good news about you, my passion for missionary work has been rekindled.

This past week the average temperature has been about 60 degrees in the day. Today it got up to 70. This is very unusual for New York. I'm hoping that it will snow by Christmas. On Saturday, the ward had their Christmas party. The program was short but the dinner was amazing -- ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and many more yummy food items. I was grateful for the opportunity to get to know the members better.  I've sent a Christmas picture along for your viewing.

On Sunday Elder Ayre and I were teaching this person in the rougher side in town. When we were done teaching and we walked outside their house, we found that our bikes were gone. We had them locked up so the person that stole them must have picked the lock. Hopefully we will be able to get them back so that we don't have to walk everywhere but only time will tell. I know that theLlord will provide a way for us to do his work though. I love doing missionary work in Johnson City and I know that this church is true.

Love, Elder Carlile




No comments:

Post a Comment