Friday, January 1, 2016

December 7, 2015 -- A Transfer This Week

This has been one of the most eventful weeks in the mission field! Wednesday we had a wonderful mission conference on how to use the Book of Mormon better in our teaching. Thursday is where it got a little crazy. After I got done with comp study, I got a call from President Rodgers. He informed me that there was a missionary in Johnson City that was going home due to some health problems.  Because of this he informed me that I was going to be transferred to replace this elder. He told me that I needed to start packing immediately because the AP's were going to be there to pick me up from Rotterdam at 4 o'clock to take me to Johnson City. President also told me that my companion, Elder Skouson, was going to go into a trio with the Schenectady elders because one of the elders was going to be going next transfer, which is in one week. He also told me that my new companion was going to be Elder Ayre. When I got off the phone with President I had to take a couple of minutes to take it all in. Elder Skouson and I started packing and cleaning out the apartment. I was excited and sad at the same time, excited to go Johnson City but sad to be leaving Elder Skouson and the people in Rotterdam.

After we got done packing we had just enough time to go the Jumans, before the AP's got there, and say goodbye. Only Fereza, her mom and her dad were there, but I was grateful that I had the chance to say goodbye. The AP's came to pick me up and Elder Skouson and I said goodbye to each other.

The AP's and I then went to Johnson City. It was a 4 hour drive so I got to know the AP's pretty well. We stayed in a hotel for the night because  of the mission conference the next morning. The next morning the AP's and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the hotel and then went to the mission conference where I met up with Elder Ayre. Elder Ayre is so awesome. He just came off of being an AP for nine months so you could say I'm with one the most experienced missionary's in the mission. He is a hard smart working missionary. After my second mission conference in the week I finally got to my new apartment in Johnson City.

Johnson City is a really cool place! There are a lot of college students that go to Binghampton University and so many people in our small area. We are a walking area but we do have access to bikes.  We have really needed them with all the people we are teaching. I haven't worked as hard as I have in the past couple of days, but I enjoy every second of it. Elder Ayre and I have really gotten along well and we are laughing all the time. I am so great full for the opportunity to be a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment