Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 14, 2016 -- Spring Has Brought Me Such a Nice Surprise

This past week we enjoyed a wonderful Zone conference. It was a good chance to see a bunch of mission friends and catch up with them. They served us a wonderful meal for lunch. They had pulled pork and coleslaw and a bunch of other things, but I really just remember those two. The Zone meeting was on prayer. As President was teaching us about the power of prayer the Spirit brought to remembrance my experiences with prayer and also testified of it's truthfulness to me. I know that prayer is how we connect to heaven. I have felt the love my Heavenly Father has for me the strongest as I have been on my knees praying.
 
Wednesday was crazy!! It was 74 degrees first off. I had to break out my short sleeves so I didn't break out in a sweat. Elder "Mistiness" and I had the opportunity to teach Lynn. We have been anticipating teaching her for the past two weeks. She is super busy and so she is only able to meet with us every 2 weeks. Missionaries have stopped by in the past but have never been able to meet with her. Elder Misustin and I taught her the Restoration. During the lesson she expressed a desire to find a religion for her and her family. She was brought up Catholic but doesn't like that people don't "practice what they preach" in that church. She has church hopped over the past couple of years but still has found the same thing with people that don't "practice what they preach." As we taught the Restoration to her we testified that this church is the true church. That the same simple teachings that Jesus Christ taught on the earth 2000 years ago have been restored through the proper authority today, through the prophet Joseph Smith. She showed a true desire to find truth. We told her that she could know for herself through reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. I cannot wait to meet with her again.  

The Church is true the sky is blue and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile

No comments:

Post a Comment