Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 9, 2016 -- Mother's Day for Missionaries

Boy has it been an exciting week for Elder Smith and me -- Mother's Day, Elder Smith's birthday and we picked up a new investigator.
 
There is this man named Wayne. He met with missionaries over a year ago and has expressed interest in meeting with missionaries again. He is an older man that is intuitive and very friendly. The missionary that met with him a year ago got special permission to come up with his companion and meet with Wayne and us so he could "pass the torch on to us." The lesson went super well. Wayne has a lot of good questions about the gospel. He accepts the Book of Mormon and loves it when we us the scriptures to answer his question. The Spirit was strong during the lesson as we turned to the scriptures and testified of what we read.
 
Later that day Elder Smith and I went to Berla and Steve's to celebrate his birthday with a wonderful steak dinner with really yummy sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. The company was wonderful as well as the food.  Elder Smith and I were sure thankful for the hospitality of Berla and Steve.

Mother's Day was greatly anticipated. The Elders in our branch decided to throw a surprise lunch after church. We had sandwiches and lots of desserts. We went to Berla and Steve's house to call home. I was so excited to see my family again. I enjoyed talking to Katie now that she is home from her mission. I was only a little jealous of their trip to California. I miss being around them but I know that I am meant to be in Oneida, NY right here right now in the Lords service. Being able to skype with them makes them not seem so far away. It's weird to think that I've already made 2 of the 4 calls home in my mission. Time flies when your busy.

The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.

Love, Elder Carlile
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment