Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017 -- Life Is A Blur In Missionary Life

At the beginning of the week, Elder Turner and I got to go to a District Meeting all the way up in Pulaski. The best part about it was that I got to see two of my past companions. They're actually serving together right now so I had to get a pic with them when the DM was over. Fun fact about the picture is that they are both wearing ties that I traded them.

So one of the cool opportunities that I had this past week was going to a hospital in Syracuse to give a member in Pulaski a blessing. Since we are the closest Elders to the hospital in Syracuse, we get to go assist the members whenever they need a blessing. The man had just had heart surgery where they replaced his heart valve with a cow heart valve. How weirdly cool is that? Anyway, we gave him a blessing for his recovery and went on our way. We took some pics of Syracuse when we were in the parking garage.

We went and blitzed the AP's in Utica this past week. I went with Elder Chidister. One neat experience we had was when we were teaching this guy named Nick about the restoration. It was a very powerful lesson where things just seemed to go smoothly. At one point during the beginning of the lesson, Nick said out of the blue, "Have I met you two before, you both seem very familiar." He brought it up again at the end of the lesson. No, I've never met Nick before, but I sometimes wonder if there are people that I knew in the premortal life that I was meant to find and teach. Anyway it was a great lesson.

Those are just some of the tidbits from this past week. I hope you all have a great week. The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile
 
 
Pulaski District Meeting

Syracuse at Night

Syracuse View from Hospital
 

No comments:

Post a Comment