Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 27, 2017 -- Busy, Busy, Busy

At the end of last night night I laid in my bed, let out this huge breath of relief, and relaxed because this past week was crazy busy.  But I wouldn't have had it any other way.

On Wednesday, we had our Zone Conference that got pushed to this week because of the huge storm last week. It was on "Follow the Spirit." Our training was focused on following the Spirit in our teaching. We did a sweet object lesson. We got a bunch of the small Gatorade bottles and taped a piece of paper around them that said, "Quench your thirst, not the Spirit!" I think it helped give the zone a little energy pick me up since we did our training right after lunch. Overall, I enjoyed all the training that was given at Zone Conference and felt uplifted after it was over.

After the Zone conference, we had some Elders from Cortland blitz our area. The next day President came and took all of us out to lunch at this really good pizza place called Gino and Joe's, and it was super good. He went with Elder Turner and Elder Birch to a teaching appointment while Elder Barchie and I went tracting. After that, we all met back at our apartment, the Cortland Elders headed off, and President Rogers stayed to weekly plan with us. I've never been so nervous to weekly plan in my life! It went well though. He really didn't say much during it and at the end he reassured us by saying we seem to know what we are doing.

The most exciting news of this week is that Yvonne and Cathleen are getting baptized this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Elder Turner and I have been going nuts!!!!!! They are super ready and prepared and Yvonne it determined to not let anything get in her way! They went to the Relief Society dinner and broadcast and then church the next day. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Last night we had a "Why I Believe" fireside in the Liverpool church and it was "HUGE." It's something that Elder Turner and I have been putting together for the past six weeks. We did it so members could invite their friends to come see what they believe in a non-threatening way. We invited the surrounding wards to come as well. The fireside consisted of videos about the church, testimonies from converts who have recently joined the church, Elder Vorkink's song "Thy Will be Done," and President Rogers speaking at the end. We got a lot of positive feedback from the people. Dawn, one of our investigators, loved it and made a family connection with one of the members that was there. I guess it's a small world. We are planning to do another one in a couple of months.

Anyway that was our week and it just flew right by.  The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.

Have a great week, Elder Carlile
 
 
Object Lesson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment