Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March 6, 2017 -- This Week Was "Sick"

This week was Sick... literally. I was out for three days this past week. I thought I was home free but I was dead wrong. On the bright side, while I was out, Elder Turner went through the whole Area Book and found lot of people to try. The first half of the week was a blur but the second half of the week was pretty good. We had MLC in Utica which was a good chance to see some old mission friends and also to make some new ones.

The highlight of this past week was yesterday. YVONNE FINALLY MADE IT TO CHURCH!!!!!! She said she was coming and so Elder Turner and I sat there waiting for her to come before sacrament meeting started. Sacrament meeting started and she didn't show up. We were both pretty disappointed but then after the sacrament was finished the chapel doors opened and she walked in. It was just like a dramatic movie scene entrance. She definitely faced the opposition getting to church that day. Among other things, her daughter and grandson woke up with the flu bug but Yvonne got them taken care of and hurried her way to church.  Elder Turner and I could hardly contain our excitement!! She came to church and loved it. Church attendance is the only thing that has kept Yvonne back from being baptized. Hopefully she keeps this up so she can enter the waters of baptism at the end of the month!! 

I forgot to mention it last week, but sadly I hit my first animal when I was driving. It was a possum and I didn't see it until it was too late. Luckily it was a quick death for him..... He's in a better place now. It was my first roadkill in the mission.

Have a great week everyone. The sky is blue, the Church is true and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile
 
MLC - March 2017

Roadkill

A Little P-Day Bowling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment