Monday, January 23, 2017

January 16, 2017 -- A Car I Actually Fit In!!

This week had been full of goodbyes, laughs, teaching, tracting, cold nights and all that usual missionary stuff. I'm doing great though. The new changes haven't been that bad.

It was really hard to say goodbye to Elder Crandall. I love that man and will ever be grateful for the transfer we spent together. My new Comp, Elder Turner, is awesome. We served around each other in Binghampton. We've been working hard but having fun while doing it. (For example--the fanny pack pic below)
 
I'm loving Liverpool!! It's just a suburb that is less than 5 minutes from Syracuse. It's really weird because there are a lot of nice neighborhoods unlike the rest of New York. It's a lot like Utah minus the mountains of course. We do a lot of tracting for our finding because not many people are walking out in the cold. I don't mind though, I'm in good company.

We are teaching some cool people. There is a lady named Jean. She's British and sincerely seeking the truth.  We also teach Alice, she speaks Spanish and very little English so I'm in trouble.

The ward is one of the bigger sized wards in the mission. There were about 100 members at church this past week. There are 6 missionaries in the ward--2 sets of elders and 1 set of sisters. It's just like my last area so not a huge adjustment there 

OK!! So for the first time in my life I am driving a car that I can fit my knees under the steering wheel. It's a 2015 Ford Escape. Not only can I fit in it but it's turbo charged too. Tiwi, the thing that monitors our driving, already gave me 2 aggressive drivings for accelerating to fast..... Man I love the sport mode on it.

Elder Turner and I are pretty busy this next week with Zone Conference, blitzing the AP's and having Elders blitz us. Blitzing is where a set of elders go to an area and work with the other elders there so there are 4 missionaries doing work instead of 2. It should be pretty fun.

The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Love, Elder Carlile
 
 
Rocking the Fanny Packs with Elder Turner
 
Goodbye to Elder Crandall



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment