Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017 -- Another Week, Another Wonder

So I've been in Liverpool for a week and a half now and it's really only felt like 5 days. Before I know it, I'll be all ready to go home. Sometimes it seem like time is going too fast in the mission.

I really am liking Liverpool. One of the main reasons is that they have one of the only two Pandas in the missions. Did you hear that. PANDA EXPRESS!!!!! I've already gone two times and I'm just getting started.

The weather has been great for the past 3 days--45-50 degrees. That's really strange for the middle of winter in New York.

One cool experience Elder Turner and I had this past week was when we were going out trying some potential investigators (people that said the missionaries could come back and share their message) from past missionaries. We knocked on a man's door. It turned out that it was not the same person that was in the records but we offered to share out message anyway. He invited us in. His name is Sahar and he was super excited to hear our message. He said,"I've been wanting to come closer to Christ." Due to having an appointment in 2 minutes, we had to leave so we set up to come back in a couple of days. A few days later we went back and taught him the Restoration. He loved it and was eating it up the whole lesson. At the end we invited him to be baptized and he accepted. Right before Elder Turner was going to invite him, his one year old son Admarie let out the nastiest crap in his diaper I've ever heard come out of a baby. We all had a good laugh over it. After he accepted it, he then said, "It's funny you bring that up because my girlfriend and I were talking about getting baptized this morning." He's totally legit or "lit" as the kids are saying now days. He loves NBA basketball and unlike most people in upstate New York he actually let us teach him and didn't talk our ears off. I can't wait to keep teaching Sarah. It just goes to show you that the Lord will put people in your path if you are out doing his work.

The sky is blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Have a great week, Elder Carlile

No comments:

Post a Comment