Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2, 2017 -- Is It 2017 Already?

Elder Crandall and I weren't able to get out and work as much a we would have liked this week due to the fact that I was sick and then he was sick, not to mention all the other craziness in a missionary's life. Our investigators have been facing tons of opposition. Satan has really been working hard to halt the work but I will not be halted! Why? Because I have God on my side and light always overcomes darkness. Even through all the craziness, this week had it's great moments.

First off, Marie and her family took Elder Crandall and me to Mt Fuji. It's a Japanese grill where the chef cooks the food right in front of you. There comes a time where the Chef throws a small piece of food at you and you have to catch it in you mouth. Yes, I did catch it in my mouth. It's a lot better than having the piece of food miss you completely and land in your bag............Mom. It's a little bit of an inside joke. One time my family and I went to one of these restaurants and I don't know if the chef was having a bad day or was just terrible at aiming, but he kept on missing everyone's mouth. He horribly missed my aunt Alli's mouth and then missed my Mom's mouth so bad that it landed in her bag that was on the floor. Anyway, the chef we had was not having such a bad aiming day and most people caught the piece of food he threw at them. There were plenty of laughs and smiles as he scooted the onion stack across the grill with fire coming out of it saying "choo choo".  Elder Crandall and I thanked Marie greatly for the wonderful dinner she had provided for us.
I don't have too much time and have to get going but things are going well in Elmira. Have a great week.
 
The book is blue, the Church is true, God's a Mormon and so am I.
 
Elder Carlile
 
At Mt Fuji with Marie and her Family
 

No comments:

Post a Comment