Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 30, 2017 -- Let's Give This Door a "Shot"

So I came up with a new tracting approach this past week since we do that a lot. "Hi have you ever met a 7 footer before?" Most people say no and I introduce myself. It's a great ice breaker and makes it easy to transition into inviting them to hear our message.

The biggest news this week was the new changes they have made to the missionary schedule. They did a worldwide mission broadcast and announced the changes there. Basically the changes they made are now lunch is only 30 minutes, we can plan in the morning instead of the night if we want, and now we only have to study for 30 minutes on P-day. Nothing huge but just some minor adjustments.

So this past week Elder Turner walked up to this door when we were tracting. We heard this guy yelling at his dogs. I knocked on the doo,r the guy answered with one hand around his back, and I invited him to hear our message. He seemed a little on edge but declined hearing it. When we walked away, Elder Turner started freaking out and said he had a gun around his back. I started flipping out as well. I had no idea he had a gun from my angle. He must have been a part of some drug deal gone wrong or something. All is well though. I'm still alive and kicking and I know the Lord is protecting me.

Besides that, things have been pretty good in Liverpool. The weather hasn't been too bad but seems to be going down hill. The pic of me in a Captain America hoodie was when we were doing some services at a Thrifty Shopper. The picture of Elder Turner and I in the suits what when we decided to go for the GQ look.

The sky most definitely is not blue, the Church is true, and life is good.
 
Elder Carlile
 
Elder "GQ" Turner and I

Captain America at the Thrifty Shopper

View from my Liverpool Apartment
 

No comments:

Post a Comment